Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Heads n Graffiti


Whew, glad Monday is over. I was sick as a dog and could hardly muster up the energy to even draw, now that's seriously sick!
I did manage to make it to work for a few hours however and chatted with my buddy Spencer about my new blog. Talking about the blog and the desire to be discovered inspired Spencer and his desire for art, mainly his passion for graffiti style lettering, which I have always found to be very cool. Spencer drew up a name he thought would be awesome for a website, should I ever start one up, and I have been thinking about it. I think the name sorta implies I do tattoos or something, but that isn't so bad, I've wanted to do tattoo designs before and have been approached to become an apprentice under a local tattoo artist, just never took the following steps in that direction. Perhaps I will make a separate page on my site, dedicated solely to tattoo designs? You never know.
The heads above Spencer's design were originally done by Chris Bachalo, another favorite artist of mine, currently working on the new Wolverine & The X-Men series, which is hailed as the best X book at this time. Bachalo's style is unique and I love how it varies from very loose to also being tight and technical.

No comments:

Post a Comment