Sunday, January 15, 2012

To all the true believers, lovers of original comic art and enthusiasts of sequential art, welcome to my blog!! My name is Michael Hoyt and I am an aspiring artist. Aspiring to be a true professional in the field of sequential art, come with me on my journey as I post some pieces on here. Feedback is always welcome and I will try to answer any questions or criticism I might receive on my blog.

For the remainder of today, I will be making a concerted effort to add a bunch of content that I scanned in. Some pieces are original pencils by myself and others may be pictures I drew, while looking at another artist's work, attempting to assimilate their style. Isn't imitation the sincerest form of flattery? This could actually be a future topic on my page, as I have noticed that many of my favorite artists today got their start by imitating some of the greats, like, Jim Lee and Todd MacFarlane.

No comments:

Post a Comment